1) What topics will be covered
- Dealing with Grief
- Crisis Intervention
- Maintaining Accurate Church Records
- Restoration: a journey of love, acceptance and forgiveness to the fallen
- Getting your message out to the community
- Building a church through community involvement
- Using what you have to build a strong program for children and youth
- Keeping your mission outreach program in front of your congregation
- Follow through: the church’s greatest weakness
- The Chamber of Commerce: a wealth of information
- The Elderly: the church’s greatest resource
- Maintaining accurate financial records and making them available to the congregation
- Music Ministry: an ongoing but necessary work in progress
- The ultimate goal: finding a place for everyone to serve
- Dealing with stress under pressure
2) Will this program cost me?
- Short answer: no
- Long answer: There will be no cost incurred for those seeking help for any service that is personally offered by Shepherd’s Heart Ministry.
3) Is there really a need for this ministry?
- Yes. Listed below are just a few of the statistics from “Pastors at Risk” by H.B. London and the Barna Research Consultant group:Statistics:
- 1,500 Pastors leave the ministry each month.
- 50% of Pastors’ marriages will end in divorce.
- 40% of spouses suffer from burn out because of frantic schedules and unrealistic expectations.
- 70% do not have someone they consider a close friend.
- 50% feel they are unable to meet the needs that ministry requires.
- 40% say they have considered leaving their position within the last three months.
- 80% of Pastors’ spouses wish their spouse would choose another profession
- 70% of Pastors constantly fight depression.
- The majority of Pastors’ wives surveyed said the most destructive event in their marriage and family was the day they entered the ministry.
4) Does Shepherd’s Heart Ministry offer professional counseling for the Pastor and Pastor’s family?
- Yes and no
- We can offer counseling by referring individuals to an organization that deals specifically with counseling.
5) Will I be informed of where the classes will be held and the topic that will be discussed?
- Yes. All information pertaining to the topic, time, and location will be available on the Shepherd’s Heart website.
6) Will specific doctrines be taught during classroom settings?
- No. We realize that within the body of Christ certain doctrinal issues may vary. Because of this, church polity and doctrine will not be discussed.
7) If the topics do not meet my needs can you still help me?
- Yes. We will do our best to locate a ministry that will assist you when we feel we can not.
8) As a concerned lay person can I help in this ministry?
- Yes. As the ministry expands, new challenges that offer opportunities to serve will surface. Should you make yourself available we can always find a place for you to serve.